To Give To Each What Is Due
Subscribe by RSS
Subscribe By Email
- Age of Progress: The Industrial Age of England: Victoria and Her Sisters
- Election 2016 Philippines: Election of the Lesser Evils: Ang Pangulong Pwede Na
- The Future Incunabulii
- Lessons from the Wannsee Conference, Lysenko and the Sparrow
- A Game of Monopoly or STS in US Industrialisation and Imperialism
- Futurama – Time Travel and Multiple Worlds – Things to Remember
- The Ecology of Werewolves
- Why are the Marcoses back?
- Disney’s Chicken Little (1943): Stinging and Relevant in the Age of Social Media
- Heneral Luna: The Propaganda Movement would be proud of this film
Tags2010 Elections Abs-CBN Asia-Pacific Internet Governance Forum Benigno C. Aquino III Blog bloggers Blogs Book Books DAP Digital divide digital equality Education facebook Fiction Film Film Review Food Freedom House Globe Telecommunications internet Freedom Internet Governance Jose Rizal Juan Ponce Enrile Libel Life Life in the Philippines Malou Mangahas on-line identity On-Line Reputation Management Online Reputation Management PCIJ Philippine Blogosphere Philippines Politics President President Bengnino C. Aquino Science Technology and Society Smart Communications Social Media STS STS Lecture The Lord of the Rings twitter University of the Philippines
They Are All Honourable Men
It is the season of salutations to the new graduates. Valedictory and Commencement are words much seen in the program and the banners that are draped around Academic Buildings, Amphitheatres, Theatres and places of Graduations. Another word is mentioned as well the term Honourable. The Honourable Big-shots of our country who have descended from Olympus to dispense blessings and messages of idealism to the new graduates.
Indeed these Big-Shots are all honourable. They come from the Upper or Lower Houses not tarnished by corruption.
Indeed these Big-Shots are all honourable. They come from the halls where none have been found guilty.
Indeed these Big-Shots are all honourable. They have not pilfered money from the people and for the use of the people.
Indeed these Big-Shots are all honourable. They have not sold their office nor the conscience.
Indeed these Big-Shots are all honourable. They have not gravely abused the authority given to them for personal profit or for vendetta.
Indeed these Big-Shots are all honourable. They have not cheated to gain and stay in position.
Indeed why should these Big-Shots not be called Honourable.
They are Honourable Men and Women
The most Honourable in the country.