To Give To Each What Is Due
Subscribe by RSS
Subscribe By Email
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT : STS THX and STS WFX
- The Quo Warranto Narrattives
- Oral Exam Scope: Books, media, topics, readings and forum
- STS THX and WFX : Last Reading Assignment
- WFX 2nd Sem 2017-2018 Group Project
- Facebook and its fact checkers: More harm or otiose?
- THX 2nd Sem 2017 — 2018: Group Project
- Death of Stalin: Reality, the Comic Book and the Film
- STS: Reading Assignment and Group Projects
- Ready Player One and the Holy Grail
- 2010 Elections
- Benigno C. Aquino III
- Digital divide
- digital equality
- Ferdinand Edralin Marcos
- Film Review
- Globe Telecommunications
- internet Freedom
- Internet Governance
- Jose Rizal
- Life in the Philippines
- Malou Mangahas
- On-Line Reputation Management
- Online Reputation Management
- Philippine Blogosphere
- Pope Francis
- Rodrigo Duterte
- Science Technology and Society
- Smart Communications
- Social Media
- STS Exercise
- STS Lecture
- University of the Philippines
Duterte s weak link: Aguirre
On the whole the Duterte Government has been succesful in implementing a number of reforms and actions that has boosted the image of Duterte. This is amazing because of the partisan environment in Philippine media and social media. However, One of the weakest link that might have a negative effect on Duterte s image is his SOJ Aguirre.
Aguirre single handly through his announcements and actions/inactions has undermined the government. Recently. There is the statement from the DOJs prosecutor s office that there was no case against the big time drug lords and there is the granting of provisional amnesty to Janet Lim Napoles in exhange for pointing out former government officials involved in the PDAF and DAP plunder cases.
In his interviews and announcements he defended and justified his actions by blaming othersq and resorting to legalese double talk that fools know one. If you monitored these developments you might come to the following possibilities: (1) Aguirre has no effective control over the DOJ or (2) Aguirre lacks the street smart needed to survive. To makes matter worse Aguirre s statements often digs him deeper into the self-dugged hole he is jn — projecting his actions as self-preserving.
These self-preserving statements and actions ot Aguirre actually do more harm than good. Making Aguirre the weakest link.